Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on LinkedIn0Email this to someone
About Us

About Us hindustan Media

We are not a Startup and www.hindustanmedia.in is not a “publication” in all its entirety. We are a narrative journalism website focused on gathering multiple perspectives on multiple niches that often go ignored under the pile of generic and sensationalized commercial news.

We are a growing community of socially and politically conscious youth with a new found space to voice our opinions and a commitment to encourage and engage the net savvy generation in the hopes of making a difference. We are offering a platform where YOU can publish on any niche YOU feel is relevant socially or politically. We don’t believe in political correctitude or social censorship and with the Supreme Court’s scraping Section 66A we are hoping to exploit our constitutional rights of expression to the fullest.

We also have a page 3 kind of section for all-things entertainment,lifestyle and humor.

Cheers!

FAQ
Who can contribute?

Anyone who has an opinion and is discontent with the limited exposure and amnestic memory of the mainstream or social media. Our only condition is the content should be impressively articulate, dynamic, thoughtful and thought-provoking. We understand English is our second language and we do not expect your content to be impeccable. In fact language is not a barrier, you can write in whichever language you’re comfortable with. We currently host content in English and Hindi and if required we’ll publish in other Indian and European languages as well though our editorial team might not be able to help.

What should I publish?

You can publish on any niche YOU feel is relevant socially or politically. We also have a page 3 kind of section for all-things entertainment,lifestyle and humor.

How do I apply?

You can mail in a short cover letter/bio and an unpublished or published (under your name or a verifiable pen-name) sample article to [email protected].

For our convenience please mention the subject of the mail  in the following format –

Sample articles – “Hindustan Media – Sample Article”
Submissions – “Hindustan Media – Submission ”
Query – “Hindustan Media – Query”

What about credits and copyright?

Any content you submit will be published under your name (or penname if you chose) and you’ll own the copyright except for the content that hindustanmedia.in has bought.


Payout

 There are two options for payout.
1)Freelance Writers – We are paying rs 100 per article (350-400 words). We’ll be buying the articles so the copyright is ours but you’ll be paid monthly.
2) Contributor- or if you can be patient we’ll treat you as a partner with an equal share of profits (decided according to the number of publications and page views) and copyright. 
 
We’ll pay 70% of the ad revenue that your content generates. The rest 30% goes into tech management, server space and breaking even threshold. You might have to wait for 6 months (or more) for payouts though.

And since we are funding our project from our meager salaries (and fellowships) we are encouraging people to take a leap of faith and join as contributors.

Note: As on 18th May 2015, we have put a hold on paid articles. People willing to join us, can still join us under the contributor program. For those joining after 30th May 2015, the revenue share will be 50%.

Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on LinkedIn0Email this to someone